Is your company looking for a qualified safety professional? Contact Dennis Hughes to have your opening posted here.
Arcimoto – Eugene, OR
Responsible for supporting EHS research, documentation, safety initiatives, presentations, training, corrective action, compliance, & related safety activities for electric-vehicle (EV) manufacturing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work with teams to develop EHS policies compliant with local, state, & federal regulations
- Support EHS training, inspections, & audits, assist safety committee meetings, & participate in all EHS action items & deliverables in minimal timeframes
- Identify, track, & understand applicable EHS regulations, facilitate discussions of changes that might affect ongoing & new business, work with product management to clearly communicate changes to safety regulatory requirements
- Communicate timelines & progress with both internal & external stakeholders
- Support incident reporting & analysis process, assist the workers’ compensation program, coordinate with company’s insurance carrier, review incident data, & implement permanent corrective action to reduce & prevent incidents
- Suggest solutions for compliance issues & develop feedback mechanisms into work practices
- Organize & support documentation related to EHS regulations, communicate updated records to regulatory agencies, & provide EHS reports to management
- All other duties assigned
Eugene School District 4J
This position will begin July 1, 2021 and operates on the 12-month work schedule.
The Safety Officer and Risk Manager/Administrator is responsible for managing all insurance and safety issues that may expose the District to litigation or insurance claims, including and not limited to identifying, evaluating, controlling and minimizing the District’s exposure to loss or damage to physical assets, fidelity losses, and losses arising out of liability claims. Manages all automobile liability, fire, and property damage claims, including communications with attorneys, claims reviews, investigations, and negotiations of settlements. Coordinates planning, and organization of all aspects of the District’s employee insurance benefit program. Plans and coordinates functions and activities of the District-wide safety plan, emergency and crisis response plan and provides 24/7 on-call response/assistance. Compiles and analyzes data to develop and recommend policies and administrative regulations regarding the District’s property and liability insurance program, workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and employee health benefit insurance programs. This position acts as liaison with insurance adjusters, legal counsel, labor groups and employee organizations, and underwriters in coordinating all insurance matters. Represents the District at meetings with representatives from a variety of public agencies, insurance companies, and risk services firms; serves on a variety of risk management committees; and interprets and applies federal and state laws, Board Policies and District’s Administrative Rules and other regulations relative to risk management, safety, loss control, and areas of potential liability.Read More