ALICE Instructor Certification Training
November 6 – 7 | 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) Training is the leading program for response to violent critical incidents (VCI). VCI are man-made forms of violent disaster, including: active shooter, violent intruder, mass shooting, terrorism, workplace violence, and other unexpected tragedies.
The mission of ALICE is to save lives – this training program empowers individuals to make their own survival decisions, using proactive response strategies, should they be faced with violence. Participating in ALICE Instructor Certification provides you training on these strategies.
ALICE Certified Instructor Role
Completion of this training program allows you to become an ALICE Certified Instructor (ACI).
As an ACI, you will receive the necessary training and materials to be able to conduct ALICE overview and refresher presentations, and lead the hands-on portion of training in the ALICE Blended delivery model. In the ALICE Blended model, user-level training participants learn the ALICE strategies through the ALICE Basic e-Learning course and then these strategies are reinforced through hands-on training and application provided by an ACI.
ALICE Instructor Certification lasts for 2 years and is renewed online through the ALICE Instructor Re-certification e-Learning course.
Through the ALICE Blended delivery model (e-Learning + hands-on training), ACI’s may only provide training to their own organization and law enforcement officers may train public entities, within their jurisdiction, while on duty. Any other use, whether commercial or educational, is prohibited without the prior written consent of ALICE Training Institute.
At the end of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Describe the history of active shooter events in America.
- Describe how the traditional Lockdown-only strategy became a standard response.
- Describe lessons learned from previous active shooter events.
- Describe the research and documents which support proactive, options-based strategies and training for civilians.
- Explain the strategies of Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter and Evacuate.
- Conduct ALICE Training as part of Organization Certification for their organization, through a blended learning model consisting of e-Learning and hands-on-demonstrations, practical scenarios, and evaluation drills.
- History of ALICE.
- Review of the passive Lockdown-only policies.
- Examination of Law Enforcement response time.
- Data and rationale to support proactive, options-based strategies.
- Moving from Lockdown-only to new standard of care.
- Detailed explanations of ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform Counter, and Evacuate) strategies.
- Activity: Participate in hands-on-demonstrations.
- Activity: Participate in Scenarios.
- New standard of care as described in government agency documents and major associations guidelines.
- Implementation strategies using the blended learning model of ALICE Training.
- Activity-Participants will engage in group projects related to their roles in ALICE Implementation through blended delivery model, and conduct class presentations.
At the end of this course, you will receive the following ALICE Certified Instructor Resources:
- ALICE Instructor Certification e-Learning Course – valid for 2 years of certification
- Instructor Led Demonstrations Guide
- ALICE Safe Scenario Guide
- ALICE Training Presentation
- ALICE Implementation Presentation
- ALICE Instructor Certificate
- Implementation support from a dedicated ALICE representative and the ALICE Client Success team
*all Instructor Resources are located in the ALICE e-Learning portal and are unlocked after you pass the Instructor Certification test.