Safety Manager – Construction
In business since 1939, Hamilton Construction Company is one of the West’s leading heavy civil contractors. We specialize in transportation projects with an emphasis on major bridge replacement and rehabilitation, highway interchange and bypass construction, transit and rail work, and concrete structural components. We are a hands-on contractor recognized for a highly skilled workforce that shares a commitment to excellence. Hamilton is a privately held company, providing excellent career advancement opportunities, competitive pay and benefits, and an enjoyable work environment. Our employees are committed to “Building What Makes America Work”.
We are looking for a safety manager who is dedicated to a safe work environment and is willing to travel to various project locations.
Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
- Lead our employees to maintain a safe working environment
- Recommend procedural, design, and operational improvements to minimize/avoid hazard potentialB.
- Create written safety programs for company Health & Safety Manual
- Write Site Specific Safety Plans for new projects; review and update existing plans as needed
- Train field crew on safety programs
- Conduct frequent jobsite inspections and document observations (overnight travel required)
- Conduct safety training orientations for all new hires
- Conduct regular employee safety training presentations
- Receive continued education and training through ongoing safety developmental courses
- Review and interpret technical information and regulations, and advise management of requirements
- Serve in senior management position with capacity to communicate and relate well
- Ability to pass the Rail Road (BNSF/eRailSafe) background checks
- Strong background in OSHA compliance for construction
- Experience in accident/incident prevention, investigation, documentation, and reporting
- Experience in Job Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Manage multiple projects with specific deadlines
- Communicate in a professional manner and conduct presentations successfully at all levels of the organization
- Bend, squat, walk, and climb stairs and ladders as needed for site inspections
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 10 hour/30 hour OSHA certification preferred
- OSHA Train the Trainer course completion preferred
- B.S. in Health & Safety preferred
- Competitive Pay Package
- Vehicle Reimbursement Program
- Cell Phone
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.