Safety and Human Resource Coordinator
The purpose of the Safety and Human Resource Coordinator is to support the Human Resource Department in our southern locations. This position will assist in all HR and Safety functions. Murphy Company takes safety seriously, and we require all of our employees to use the standard industry practices to keep everyone safe on the job. Trust and confidence is of the utmost importance in this key position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SAFETY RELATED FUNCTIONS
- Administer the worker’s compensation program to ensure timely and accurate claims processing; including timely investigation and administer all aspects of the modified duty and return-to-work programs. Coordinate return to work program with letters and/or meetings with providers for injured workers to minimize time loss; ensures fitness for duty forms are received and return to duty drug screens are completed according to established company policy and federal and state laws
- Prepare and submit payroll related reports (worker’s comp, various requests) along with entering all claims and documentation into Kronos Workforce Ready
- Audit Lock Out Tag Out procedures annually and develop procedures when new equipment is installed or altered.
- Submit EAIP wage subsidy reimbursements through SAIF for all workers on modified duty
- Produce monthly claims report to be distributed to management team
- Annual submission of Hazardous Substance Inventories to the Oregon State Fire Marshall’s office
- Input requisitions for safety supplies
- Conduct and track new hire safety orientation, employee safety and OSHA training in Kronos Workforce Ready
- Obtain and file annual copies of all boiler and pressure vessel inspections
- Setup and schedule annual hearing tests at southern locations
- Coordinate and track vendors Certificate of Liability and Worker Comp Insurance
- Responsible for up to date SDS in southern locations
- Keep detailed minutes for monthly safety committee meetings, produce quarterly facility inspection reports and distribute to managers
- Other duties as assigned
HUMAN RESOURCES & EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- Oversee the safety, leave of absence and worker’s compensation processes for the southern locations
- Oversee pre-employment process including application/resume tracking, drug-screen testing, recruit, interview, and assist in the new hire process
- Confidentially organize and maintain employee records accurately in company HRIS and compile reports from database as needed; includes scanning and uploading all HR-related documents into Kronos Workforce Ready/HRIS
- Process employee status changes including updating information in all benefit websites and Kronos Workforce Ready /HRIS for terminations, changes of address, phone and e-mail updates and department and/or position changes, etc.
- Handle day-to-day routine employee questions and information requests regarding policies, procedures, programs and benefits
- Own New-Hire Orientation process: set up new hire in HRIS, conduct new employee orientation; all to be completed prior to the new hire’s start date
- Serve as backup for timekeeping
- Complete employment verification requests
- Provide overall administrative support to the Director of HR for southern locations
- Assist in administration of benefits programs such as health and dental insurances, 401K, PTO, leave of absence, and FMLA/OFLA, Military leave and ADA.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state laws and BOLI requirements
- Conduct investigations as needed
- Prepare notices, separation agreements during terminations
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Weekly reports to be sent to HR Director and Safety Director
- Be visible in mill locations
- Travel between mill locations
- Maintain consistency with all programs
- Other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of human resource experience and 2+ years of safety experience
- PHR Certification preferred
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of state and Federal health, safety and environmental regulations including OSHA, DOT along with Employment Regulations – FMLA, OFLA, Oregon Sick Leave, ADA, EEOC
- Must be computer literate including knowledge of Microsoft Office with specific proficiency in Excel and Word and perform data entry.
- This position must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond effectively and confidentially to the most sensitive inquires or complaints.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with co-workers and customers
- Possess valid driver’s license and clean driving record.